Finding the right contractor to do your roofing installation will determine the success of your project. No matter how prepared you are for the installation or how great your chosen roofing system is, these would not matter if you don’t get the right contractor to do the job.
Qualities to Look for and Questions to Ask
To assess certain qualities, you can ask a roofing contractor you’re interested in the following questions:
• How long have they been in the industry?
• Do they specialize in commercial roofing?
• How many projects have they completed in your area?
• Are they connected to any trade associations?
• What kind of training do their staff undergo?
• Are they licensed, bonded, and insured?
• Do they have a federal tax identification number?
• Do they have a permanent business address with a working phone number?
• Can they provide you with certificates of insurance (should be current) that cover worker’s compensation and liability?
• Do they use manufacturer-warrantied materials?
• Do they offer warranties for the installation itself?
• Do they follow local and state building and safety regulations?
• Do they use quality, state-of-the-art equipment?
● Track Record
• Can they give you samples of their previous works similar to the project you want done?
• Can they provide you with multiple references?
• What’s their Better Business Bureau rating?
• How does their rate compare to others?
• Can they match estimates?
• Are you getting value for your money?
Aside from simply getting answers to these questions, take into consideration as well how a roofing contractor talks to you. You’re just making inquiries at this point but how they deal with you during this phase will give you an idea on the level of customer service they are capable of. Not to mention that building good rapport is important. You need to be able to talk to your roofing contractor, after all, if you want to ensure that you’re satisfied with your commercial roofing installation.